Friday, November 15, 2013

Paleo Chinese Pork Fried Rice

It's hard to believe that I've been on the Paleo diet exactly one year. In one year, my eyes have been opened to many things, and let me just say that I'm never heading back that unhealthy road ever again. This lifestyle is for life. Healthy eating is not a trend.

This year in addition to my Instagram and Facebook recipe page, I have decided to start a blog which will add a little more depth to my recipes. I am also looking to take on baking....maybe try out a few paleo dessert recipes. I'm not a huge fan of sweets, but it's something to think about.

Anyhoo....I started the Paleo diet two days after my birthday last year. So this week I am celebrating a birthday and the one year anniversary of being on the paleo diet.




This year I received my very first crock pot and the Magic Bullet,  which I've been wanting for the last ten years.






This recipe will be featured in my cookbook coming in December!

Ingredients:

½ a large head of cauliflower, riced
½ pound boneless pork spare ribs, chopped into small pieces
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups cole slaw mix
1 handful of bean sprouts
1 bunch of green onions, diced
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon hot chili paste
2 eggs







Start by ricing your cauliflower in the blender or food processor. Yes, I could have used my Magic bullet. I got home late last night and I really have to desire to take it out of the box and mess with it so the blender had to do. I still have to go out and get myself a real food processor.


Chop your pork into chunks.


 In a large pot over medium-high heat, add coconut oil, pork, chili powder and garlic. Stir well. Cook pork until browned, but not fully cooked.

Add fish sauce.





Add cauliflower, cole slaw, green onions, onions, and bean sprouts. Stir well and make sure everything is well combined. Let the mixture cook for about 10 minutes.


Lower heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until the cole slaw and cauliflower is soft and tender.

Turn heat back up to high. Drain out any excess liquid, if need be. You want this mixture is dry as possible.

Crack two eggs into the pot. Remove pot from heat and stir the eggs into the mixture until the eggs have incorporated into your “rice.”

Serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Swedish Cavegirl Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design