Monday, November 18, 2013

Paleo Crockpot Asian-Style Pork Ribs

This weekend, I finally had time to test out my new crock pot! I've been waiting to do this forever, but to avoid an epic fail I decided to try my hand at an easy crock pot recipe. Originally, when I bought the pork ribs I thought this would be enough to feed me the entire week. Uh, wrong! Maybe like one meal at the most. I guess next time I will have to buy more ribs.




1 pound of pork ribs (or as many as you can fit into the crock pot)

4 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger

1/4 cup wheat-free, organic soy-sauce or a soy sauce substitute 

1 1/4 cup water

6 cloves of garlic, minced 

1-2 tablespoons of hot chili paste

1 bunch of green onions, diced

1/2 cup coconut oil


Start off by buying yourself a nice cut of organic-grass fed pork ribs.



In a small bowl, add onion, garlic, chili paste, coconut oil, soy sauce and ginger. Mix well.




Add 1 1/4 cup water to your crock pot. Place ribs in crock pot and pour sauce of the ribs. 

Set crock pot on low and allow to cook for 6-7 hours. You will know it's done when the meat falls off the bone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Swedish Cavegirl Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design