Thursday, November 21, 2013

Paleo Yam and Leek Soup

I love soups. I started converting all the non-Paleo soups recipes that I love into Paleo soups by switching out the heavy cream for coconut milk. One day I hope to write a cookbook dedicated just to Paleo soups!



4 Large White Yams, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups beef broth
1 can coconut milk
1./4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon ghee butter
Extra-virgin olive oil


In a large pot over medium-high heat, add onions and garlic. Saute until the onions are tender.


Add leeks and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.


Add yams (as you can see, I don't really care about peeling my yams, but if you want to peel your yams first, it's no big deal. It just takes extra time.) beef broth and cumin. Mix well. Cover pot and let the yam cook until extremely soft, about 20 minutes.


When yams are tender, remove pot from heat. Stir in coconut milk. Use a hand blender to puree the soup mixture until smooth.

Serve soup with a drizzle of olive oil over the top

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Swedish Cavegirl Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design