Monday, October 20, 2014

Our first Paleo dinner party!

Last night, my boyfriend and I had a couple I'd been friends with for quite awhile come for dinner. Karen said I owed her big time for her posting reviews of my cookbooks up on Amazon, so naturally I had to cook dinner for them...6 months later.

We just moved into a new house, so Curt and Karen are the first of my friends to come over for ANYTHING.. This was quiet exciting for me because I've never really cooked a big meal for anyone except for my boyfriend and my mom. I was hoping the meal would turn out because if it didn't, I'd look like a big jerk.

Dinner Menu:

Roasted Delicata Squash
Mozzarella and tomato salad

Mini beef and sage sliders with goat cheese













And Cheeseburger stuffed mushroom sliders

I had to prep everything two hours before hand because I knew this wasn't going to be short and sweet. Originally I was going to make 5 different types of sliders....now that would have taken me all day! I'm glad I stuck with two. Whew.

I think the only time I'm ever focused and organized is in the kitchen, but I had this in the bag. When Curt and Karen got to our house, there was minimal cooking left to do and I even had time to make this a veggie and guacamole appetizer. I think I only spent 45 minutes cooking after they arrived.

Everything turned out great! I wish I could do this everyday!





Thank you Curt and Karen for being my taste testers! My boyfriend did a pretty good job helping clean up before they got there too. He rocks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Swedish Cavegirl Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design